Booking and payment structure of courses
For all our courses, with the exception of the AMUSF diploma, payment is made in full on enrolment onto the course.
To spread the cost of a course, a deposit of 50% of the course fee can be paid on enrolment onto the course, with the balance paid 28 days before the start of the course. Failure to pay the balance could result in the place being withdrawn. Staged payments are subject to a 5% administration fee.
Keeping us safe - our Covid-19 Safety Policy
We are very lucky to have a large and spacious workroom as our main teaching space. To make sure that we can keep you safe, we have spaced workbenches so that students can work 2m apart. Other changes we have put in place while the coronavirus policies continue include:
• All high-use surfaces such as counter tops, door handles, light switches and taps are being appropriately cleaned daily.
• Cloth towels have been replaced with paper towels.
• Hand washing soap and hand sanitising gel and tissues are available for use.
• All workbenches are positioned so that students can work 2m apart. Where at all possible tutors and students should keep this distance. In narrow areas such as doorways and walkways, students are requested not to cluster but to leave space between people.
• All students must use their own tools etc. This includes smaller items such as pins, skewers etc, as well as larger hand tools.
Note: School hand tools will be supplied ONLY to students on leisure classes. These tools will be cleaned using appropriate methods at the end of the working day to keep them safe for the next user.
• Face masks must be worn in the workroom at times when students are gathered together. When working independently at the workbenches they can be removed.
• No students or tutor may attend a class if coughing or showing signs of illness.
• Hands must be washed on arrival and departure into the workroom, and frequently in between.
• Any student who falls ill with coronavirus-like symptoms in the days following a class is requested to let the school know by email.
• The Covid-19 safety policies put an increased strain on tutors. Now more than ever, it is important that students arrive in good time for each class, and leave on time, having left their work areas clean and swept.
• And finally, it is important that we all continue to enjoy classes, be considerate and communicate kindly.
Stay safe and see you soon.