Ruffle cushions – a sewing skills masterclass
A one day workshop in making a frilly scatter cushion
Ruffles are EVERYWHERE in interiors right now and most especially on scatter cushions. Velvet, stripes, block prints… whatever your fabric taste your hand made cushions should be sporting a ruffle.
We’ve developed a lovely one day workshop teaching you how to get this look. You will spend a day making a scatter cushion with zip, finished with a beautiful ruffle edge trim. The one-day workshop is suitable for novice* sew-ers. You don’t have to be an expert, but a bit of experience will help.
This is what the day will involve:
• We'll start with measuring and cutting out your fabric accurately.
• Ruffle time! Easy ways to make a ruffled frill using your sewing machine.
• You'll then learn how how to pin and sew your cushion, setting in the ruffle frill beautifully and finishing with a lapped zip.
• You’ll take home your own frilly cushion armed with all the skills to sew like a pro.
Fee: £115, inclusive of feather filled pads, zips and sundries
Venue: Traditional Upholstery School workrooms in Holt, Wiltshire
Places are booked on first-come-first-served basis. Please read the terms page of the Traditional Upholstery School website.
* Novice sew-ers are competent at measuring and cutting out fabrics with scissors, using pins and are able to use a sewing machine. We are very good at teaching beginners so if you're not sure, do ask!
GIFT IDEA This workshop is a super gift for the sewer in your life. Visit our vouchers page here.