Headboards – a masterclass in modern upholstery
A three-day workshop in creative and commercial modern upholstery skills
Upholstered headboards are BIG in interiors... tall, curved, cloud-shaped, crown-shaped, studded, padded, fluted... bespoke and creative is the vibe. To make sure our students benefit from the huge rise in demand for bespoke headboards, Traditional Upholstery School has developed a modern upholstery skills-packed creative three-day Headboard course.
The three-day workshop is suitable for novice upholsterers and will focus on creative upholstery techniques for modern headboards. These will include:
• Fluting; ruched and pleated borders; decorative studded edging; shallow buttoning; managing complex shapes.
• Learning how to create templates for unique shapes, cutting and preparing sheet board using simple power tools, and attaching headboard fittings.
• The course concentrates on modern methods and materials, and focusses on creative skills.
• Students will go home with a set of sample-sized headboards.
Please note that students will not make a full-sized headboard during the workshop. If requested, we aim to offer a two-day follow-up course for any students wanting to make their own headboard in the workroom with tutored support.
Fee: £425 inclusive of boards and materials, but not top fabric
Venue: Traditional Upholstery School workrooms in Holt, Wiltshire
Places are booked on first-come-first-served basis. Please read the terms page of the Traditional Upholstery School website.
* Novice upholsters are competent at cutting out fabrics, using a staple gun and ideally have had a little experience working with foam. If you're not sure, do ask!